Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Now Hop on over to the other DT members to see what they have cooked up to surprise Heather~
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
I am very proud of this card, I so often rush at my work and get *so-so* results. This one I took my time with and I feel rewarded by not rushing. I colored the beautiful image with prismacolor pencils and baby oil, and went for the boldest brightest colors I could get. I refered to the label on the stamp to help me with my colors, and realized that being timid was not the way to go. I really pressed on those pencils! I then put 4 layers of UTEE on it, then popped it in the freezer and cracked it. I must say the thick glaze really deepens the colors and I was thrilled with the results. I am so grateful to SCS and all my stamping friends who have taught me so very much about this craft! Especially Dawn L who always encourages me and reassured me my card would not smell like a baby's bottom or be greasy by using the baby oil. Thanks for looking!
- Well here are some pictures from Casey and Cesca's wedding in Denver. They afre me and my BFF Kimberly, mother of the groom. We could not have had more fun! And the foot photo is of my, Kim's and Mary's(kim's stunning daughter) dressed up feet! I was trying to be artistic but not sure it worked... Oh it seems like ages ago that we were in Denver. And despite what Cindy(Mothermark) may have rumored over at SCS I DID NOT misbehave and end up in jail! Ah the meories of such a beautfiul weekend will live with me always!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Number 11 was picked by random number generator! Amanda, come on down and get your prize! No, email me your address and i will send your goodies on monday! Thanks everyone for playing and I see by your posts we all have so very much to be grateful for! Hugs to all, and lots of love, nancyruth
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Now, onto the FUN stuff! I have lots of cards that have not yet been posted, and will leave a description in each ones caption. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I am always here at the computer.
I am going to have a little give away here, in order to win you MUst leave one comment on this post telling me what YOU are grateful for. The blog candy will be some choice goodies from my most ample and overabundant statshes!! I will NOT give away the candy unless there are 12 or more comments, so spread the word! I guess this is a little test to see if I have any reader, I know I have those followers who signed on and I thank you for following my blog. I will pick a winner on Saturday if I reach the 12 posts, if not thanks to those of you who commented!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
1. My best friend Kimberly lives in Maine and we have known each other since seventh grade! We have only seen eACH other in person at most 15 times over the past 35 years, yet our friendship is such a remarkable bond! we met last wekend in denver to celebrate her son Casey's wedding to Francesca, and had a terrific time exploring the city!
2. I LOVE SWIMMING!!! If I do not get enough swimming in I have dreams about the ocean....
3. I am not a very religious person. I am Jewish but do not belong to a temple at this time in my life. Though not religious, I do believe I am very spiritual.
4. I love shopping, and my friends and sister and Mom are thrilled when they get to go shopping with me because I am such a good scout in a store. meaning i will run back and forth to the dressing room with whatever you need, or if it is home furnishings I have a good eye for what might look nice in your home....
5. I am a Gemini and do have 2 personalities. luckily my *evil* twin Naomi does not come out to play much!! *wink, wink*
6. My garden has been sorely neglected over the years and this fall thesze huge weeds have sprung up with hundreds of white flowers on each one.... I think I am in real botanical trouble on this one.
My Mom's side of the family are Conncecticut farmers, I think that gene missed me....
7. I love stamping, crafting, making jewelry, flower arranging. yes I am the craftiest one in my circle of friends. BUT I have NEVER balanced my checkbook! Are you still my friend? BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
e of the family are Conncecticut farmers, I think that gene missed me....
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I made this goodie box from a halloween themed chines take out box. do you see the spiders on it? It is for the FIRST Blog Hop, at H and M Stamps! I am posting pictures of my blog candy. You have to leave a comment on this post and you will have a chance to win my loot. The stamp is called *Teacher Percy*, and he is jsut the cutest thing! You will also win a set of chipboard letters in a school colored theme as well as a package of Soft Spoken stickers. Thanks for playing along!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
I went to an early bird weight watcher's meeting today and signed
up. I grabbed my camera on my way to work and I am very glad of it.
Our favorite 4 legged customer, accompanied by her owners Helene and
Andy, stopped by the store today! Her name is Daisy and she posed for
a picture for me. She weighs all of 5 pounds and is just the sweetest
and smartest little thing! Thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Nancyruth
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Oh what a wonderful challenge stef, thanks so much! I chose the blue cake shown here as my inspiration http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d=121583047 0I used the cricut celebrations cartridge to cut out 3 cakes in 3 different sizes to build this twinkling creation. I watercolored them with twinkling H20's and then embellished with liquid pearls, stickles, and branches that were cut from garden silhouettes. Perfect challenge for me stef as i was asked to make a wedding card for my friend cappi! I hope she loves it, I must say i am pleased with the outcome. I used the Martha Stewart lace paper from my stash for the background, and the sentiment from *Lifetime of happiness*. Thanks for looking
Friday, July 11, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
- Hi everyone! My Name is Nancy Levine, known as NANCYRUTH on SCS. I have began stamping 20 years ago, though I put everything in the attic for about 10 of those during the hectic years of my single motherhood. I went to a stamping up party about 5 years ago and the stamping flame was rekindled and i have stamped almost every day since then. I work full time in a lighting store and enjoy my career in sales which allows me to fund my crafting habits. I am also a beader and spend my free time stamping, swimming and making jewelry! I look forward to charting my creative journey through my new blog. Fast forward.... After 13 months of unemployment due to the economic downturn I completed my Therapeutic Recreation certification and now work in a skilled nursing facility creating and implementing recreational programs for the residents. I also had the priviledge of working at Beadz Boutique in Darien Ct. where I fine tuned many of my beading skills!
- ► 2011 (28)
- ► 2010 (48)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (3)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (4)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (6)